Tamiya 1/35 Israeli M51 Tank (w/Aber® Photo-Etched Parts) Kit
Estimated Shipping: 2 to 3 Business DaysTAM-25180
After its introduction in 1962, the M51 went on to form the core of Israeli Defense Forces armored units, succeeding the M1 and M50. A large number of M51s used the cast hull M4A1 Sherman as a base, installing a long caliber 105mm gun in a cast turret which was extended rearwards to accommodate the gun. Powered by a 460hp diesel and employing horizontal volute spring suspension (HVSS) with wide tracks, it could boast of excellent mobility. The Six-Day War of 1967 saw the M51's combat debut.
- This is a 1/35 scale plastic assembly kit of the M51. Length: 257mm, Width: 86mm.
- The distinctive form of the tank is faithfully reproduced based on a thorough study of an actual tank in a museum.
- The cast turret has a rich finish and accurately captures the M51's elongated shape.
- Realistic HVSS suspension and T80 tracks.
- Commander & loader figures, plus 3 types of marking options included.
- Photo-etched parts from ABER make for an even more detailed finish.