Thunder Models 1/35 British Scammell Pioneer SV/2S Recovery Tractor (New Tool) Kit
Estimated Shipping: 2-3 Business Days:TDM-35201
The Scammell Pioneer was a British 6x4 tractor used in the Second World War as an artillery tractor, recovery vehicle and tank transporter. Pioneers purchased by the British Army were equipped with a 102 bhp Gardner 6 cylinder diesel engine.
The first 43 recovery tractors delivered to the British Army from 1936 was designated the Pioneer SV1S and the Pioneer SV1T both with a 3-ton folding crane and lockers for recovery equipment and towing bars.
The Pioneer SV2S introduced in 1938 had a simpler redesigned extending crane with greater lifting height, and remained in production throughout the war, with 1975 recovery tractors produced. A pair of tracks that could be fitted with the two rear wheels, converting it into a half-track with greater traction on soft ground. Many tractors were still used in military service long after WWII.
- 450+ plastic parts, with slide and multi-side slide, molded details
- Faithfully reproduced and highly detailed chassis, winch and jig crane
- Accurately molded engine, cab and interior with correctly sized details and shape
- Plastic molded tires with correct pattern as documented in period photos
- PE detail sheet, scale chains and ropes included