Dragon 1/72 SdKfz 186 Jagdtiger Henschel Tank w/Metric Ton Lifting Crane Kit
Estimated Shipping: 2 to 3 Business DaysDML-7345
The Jagdtiger was an armored monstrosity produced by Germany. Indeed, it was the heaviest armored fighting vehicle to serve during WWII. Weighing in at 71.7 tonnes, the Sd.Kfz.186 was a tank destroyer armed with an extremely potent 12.8cm PaK 44 L/55 antitank gun. A total of 88 vehicles were produced from late 1944 through to the cessation of hostilities. However, despite the effectiveness of its thick armor (250mm on the superstructure front) and powerful armament, the vehicle suffered from poor mobility and mechanical unreliability owing to its weight problem.
Dragon’s most recent addition to the 1/72 scale range of plastic kits is a Jagdtiger of Henschel Production type. This is the more common Jagdtiger that featured nine overlapping wheels for the running gear. It differed from the type that had a Porsche-designed suspension, of which only eleven were built early on. What makes this kit even more special is the inclusion of a 2-ton lifting crane. The three-legged crane mounted on pilzen on the casemate roof could lift the heavy engine deck, or the deck over the driver’s position, to allow access for maintenance. This intricate crane is realistically produced in injection-molded parts, and is supplemented by photo-etched components for even greater detail. If modelers choose to set up the crane on their model, this accurately rendered Jagdtiger will take on a whole new appearance!
- - Detailed hull sides w/bolt details and weld seams
- - Delicate crane w/photo-etched parts
- - Realistic side fenders reproduced
- - Intricate road wheels w/separate pieces, allowing unparalleled crispness of details
- - Gun barrel travel lock can be assembled in either travel or combat modes
- - Delicate rear panel reproduced
- - Photo-etched parts to upgrade details
- - One-piece DS tracks for easy assembly
- - High-definition Cartograf decals